I am currently accepting pitches for books for review. I can’t promise that I will accept your pitch, but chances are if you follow my very few guidelines, all will be well.
I am not going to sugar coat it, my blog is not insanely famous (yet!). However, I cross-post all of my content to Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. I also post all of my reviews to Goodreads. I currently have 1,460 lifetime views on my blog, which has existed for just under a year. I average about 5 unique views a day.
– I am only one person running this blog, so please understand that it isn’t always possible to accept or respond to every pitch, or to post a review for every pitch accepted.
– I offer my honest and respectful opinion. Nothing more, and nothing less. I do participate in book clubs, and if I feel the book is appropriate and will be liked by the majority, I will suggest it. I don’t control what we read, however, and I don’t guarantee anything.
– If I do not finish the book, I promise I will at least have given it a good shot.
– The following formats are acceptable: Hardcover, Softcover, Epub/PDF. I have a slight preference for e-books due to space limitations, but I still love printed books. I absolutely will not read and review something available exclusively for Kindle/Amazon. (E-book only is fine, but must be multiple format)
– Please do not pitch to me and ask me to buy your book. I can’t afford to buy the books I want to buy for me. Sorry. (The same goes for shipping.)
– If your book is not yet released, it will take top priority on my list. I will do everything within my powers to have it read and reviewed as soon as it is in my hands. If it is a released book, I can make no guarantees as to when the review will happen. If you have a specific timeline in mind, please mention it in your pitch.
– I do not, under any circumstances, read series out of order.
Genres (in no order):
I definitely like:
– Fantasy (high, sword and sorcery, satire, etc.)
– Science Fiction
– Historical Fiction (specifically Tudor England focused, but pitch me and we will talk!)
Pitch me, and we’ll talk:
– Young Adult (I generally love this genre, but I can be picky.)
– Chick-Lit (Please nothing resembling 50 Shades of Grey)
Not a huge fan of:
– Self Help
Drop me a line! writtenpermission [at] outlook [dot] com