This awesome challenge is being hosted by April over at Good Books and Good Wine. It seems like a great challenge, so I thought I would check it out! I am going to post one of these every two or three days, interspersed with book reviews. Enjoy, and feel free to join in!
Day 8: Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
- Updated fairly frequently
- Clean layout without too much clutter
- Easy to navigate
- Pictures of books being reviewed, and links to Goodreads so I can add it to my shelf if it interests me
- Personable tone… I don’t like being talked down to about anything, least of all books
- Includes places other than the US when doing a giveaway
- Isn’t afraid to get personal now and then. I like to know about the bloggers on more than just a literature level
- Communicates with people who leave comments
That is really all I can think of right now. I am pretty easy to get along with, but I will say that design and clutter are the two big things that tend to drive me away from a lot of book blogs.
How about you? What do you like in a blog, and what is a one way ticket out of there for you?