This awesome challenge is being hosted by April over at Good Books and Good Wine. It seems like a great challenge, so I thought I would check it out! I am going to post one of these every two or three days, interspersed with book reviews. Enjoy, and feel free to join in!
Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.
- I judge books by their covers. All the time.
- A lot of the time, I want to own books just to own them more than to read them.
- Sometimes I re-read books just to see how the characters are doing.
- I think I am legitimately addicted to reading. If I was told tomorrow I couldn’t read anymore, I would probably have a mental breakdown.
- I absolutely refuse to read books out of order. I am very OCD about this.
- My home will not be complete until it has a library in it.
- The thought of giving away any of my books, even the ones I don’t particularly love, makes me feel kind of sick.
- I know I am in a really bad state of sickness when I am too sick to even read. It happens from time to time, and it is rare, but it is the big red flag that something is super wrong.
- My husband is the single most important person in my life, and I love him to the end of the world and back again. I wouldn’t trade him for anything or anyone. But I wish he was more into reading.
- I worry about people judging me based on what I am reading.
- In some ways (though not all) I am a horrible book snob.
- I started reading full length books before I started kindergarten. By the fourth grade, I had a reading comprehension level equivalent to someone in the twelfth grade.
- Recommending a book to someone is a high anxiety activity for me. It isn’t so much that I worry they won’t like it… that is their own call. I more worry about what they will think of me based on the book.
- It makes me so very sad when people say they don’t enjoy reading. It makes me rage when they make fun of people who do.
- I collect perfume oils, and some of my favorites are the ones that smell like old books. That smell is intoxicating.
So there we have it. Now you know a little bit more about me. Do you have any book related confessions to make?